Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MAY 2010- Days 4-6

A sort of co-lab-orative blog:

B fo' Brandon..
Billy is father. He guides us when we lose our sights and no longer can..see he just corrected my spelling as i typed this. He looks out for us all....us pockets, in the back where we are sewed so tightly to your pants...yes your pants. Turn around...HEY!!!

Henry is Grandpa. grumble grumble blergh blergh smile grumble blergh. He wears two pairs of glasses and ambiguous shorts. Do not confuse him with cousin Orion who is a sea horse. p.s. - last night we saw grandma Leo in Athens and his beard was gone. Billy illy illy illy illy illy illy

I'm tearing tape. I was winked at a by the octogenarian that told me to run between the raindrops. I am grandma. I am grandpa. I am jamie lee curtis. I am without a wallet or ID. I am your friend (except when I'm not friendly).
I am Henry, and I'm in Baltimore.

Em is our grandma. she is a leader, but don't ask her questions. tonight she played acoustically, beautifully, sololly and it was incredible. i am reminded how happy i am to play in a band with her. baltimore is full of clumsy, happy people and beatboxing guerilla men. way to go b town!

ok well we must have reached that special time in tour where the cracks start showin..baltimore is real funny. and scary. a lot of the houses are boarded up and run down. most of the people we have interacted with are spaced out and seem a lil high.
Here is an Exact copy of a letter i am writing to my parents as we speak:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
MAY 18 2010 "BMORE MLAND"
WELL WE ARE TOTALLY IN THE WIRE. JUST DROVE DOWN A STREET THAT I SWEAR THEY DEFINATELY FILMED ON. YOU KNOW THAT EPISODE WHERE THAT ONE GUY (WHO HAS A CHANGE OF HEART) CAN'T SHOOT THE GUY HE'S SUPPOSED TO KILL AND THAT INNOCENT BOY WITH ASHMA/ASMAH? DIES INSTEAD. WE ARE SITTING IN A PIZZA JOINT RIGHT NOW AND I AM SUPER FULL. WAITING FOR SOME GUY NAMED MCGREGOR BURNS TO CALL. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY @ A GALLERY CALLED HAMILTON BUT THIS IS AFTER 2 SHOW CANCELLATIONS..BOTH DUE TO LANDLORD ANGER. 1 BAND SAID WE HAD A SHOW BUT THEN THEY GOT EVICTED SO NO SHOW. AND THEN WHEN WE ARRIVED IN TEH PLACE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PLAY AT, PARKSIDE TAVERN, HAD THE POWER CUT OFF DUE TO A FIGHT WITH THE LANDLORD. WEIRDNESS! SO NOW WE WAITIN AROUND. AND THIS TABLE IS REAL GROSS. HENRY'S PERSPECTIVE: I SAW SOME DRUG DEALS IN FRONT OF THE RESTAURANT WHERE THEY REFUSED (SORT OF) TO WAIT ON US. I'M TRYING TO MAKE A BUNCH OF PHONE CALLS BUT NO ONE IS PICKING US. I LOST MY WALLET. THIS PIZZA IS MAKING ME FEEL SICK. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW BEING BETTER THAN TODAY. ALSO, I'M TRYING NOT TO BE MEAN TO PEOPLE. :) - HENRY
WE ABOUT TO PLAY! BUT JUST ME + BRANDON WITH HENRY + ORION DOIN BACK THEATER.
OK WE PLAYED & I WAS NERVOUS BUT I DID IT!! I KINDA FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO BARF...MAYBE IT WAS THAT PIZZA. WOAH A GUY JUST GOT UP THERE AFTER US AND BEATBOXED AND IT WAS AMAZING!!! HE IS NOW PLAYIN A GUITAR & SINGIN & MAKIN A MILLION LITTLE STRANGE WONDERFUL NOISES IN HIS MOUTH & BEATBOXIN LIKE ALL @ ONCE. P.S. HENRY IS OK HE CANCELLED HIS CARD AND WE GONNA TRANSFER FUNDS & LOAN OUT BAND MONEY. HE IS PROLLY RIGHT ABOUT THE DRUG DEALS THOUGH. THIS AREAS PRETTY SCARY. THERE ARE A LOT OF BOARDED UP HOUSES & BUILDINGS. LIKE A HUGE CHUNK OF THE CITY IS BOARDED UP & RUN DOWN..@ LEAST WHERE WE ARE. WE DO HAVE A PLACE TO SLEEP AND WE ARE OFF TO PHILADELPHIA TOMORROW TO A PLACE CALLED CASTLE GAY! HAHA! IT'S A HOUSE. LOVE, EM

1 comment: