Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Soar..ing


I will start off; somewhere we left off.

Athens, Ohio was a city of parchessie coffee, hot dog burlesque, and tribal drippy face paint. We had some extra hours in this college town, so we split into uncounted teams dividing by numbers throughout the night. I personally had a Shy hot dog named Salome with O-Mega garlic fries @ O’Betty’s...I’m still having the garlic. Followed by coffee, Candyland, and parchessie with some of our numbered crew. Reuniting at Casa Cantina where we were to perform, Emily tribalized on our faces. In a flurried moment, we were going on next!

Between the projector not lighting up, finishing up some tribal work on fellow Pocketiers faces, and making final theater decisions, the energy was building. The crowd didn’t know when they sat down for the nacho combo that they would soon be beating the gauc. off the tables. Right as we were about to play Love Like, Billy Madison Elliot Mitchell handing me a tub-o-drum sticks with a smile on his painted face. I was like, “WHAT, I thought we weren’t passing out drumsticks here!” He proclaimed, “Follow you heart..” And my heart told me to run my sweaty meat balls to the car and get my bag-o-drumsticks. I made it back before the trumpets sounded; and had a moment to catch my breath. After the show the crowd really spoke up in their appreciation of the layered show we had just cake baked.

We ended up sleeping at an old band member fellow of Billy’s...Haunted House! After another round of Betsy’s tofu dogs and chilli-fries of coarse. In the basement of this house some former undergraduate went crazy, writing on the walls. We may have to use some of his carved encryption for lyrics in the future.

A highlight of the night for me was painting a jet on a little boys wrist, who up until this time in his life feared face paint. Glad to have ushered him into the wondrous world of body paint expression.


Of the Knight’s Sky,
ORION

No comments:

Post a Comment